Rick, congrats on SocialText 3.0

Gerry Kirk

Sep 30, 2008, 10:50:54 AM9/30/08
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rick, just saw an article on TechCrunch about the latest version of SocialText. I'm definitely going to check it out, our distributed team has been wanting something like this.

Is there an open source version of your product? Just curious.

- Gerry

--
blog: http://gerrykirk.net
daily musings at http://twitter.com/gerrykirk

Rick Scott

Oct 2, 2008, 1:31:08 PM10/2/08
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
(Gerry Kirk:)

> Hey Rick, just saw an article on TechCrunch about the latest version of
> SocialText <http://feedproxy.google.com/%7Er/Techcrunch/%7E3/2hb6KbkbYpY/>.

Thanks! Everyone at Socialtext has been pulling really hard for the
last few months to pull this together, and it's really gratifying to see
that so many people are excited about it.

> I'm definitely going to check it out, our distributed team has
> been wanting something like this.

Cool! I hope you like it.

There's a signup form on our website for a 14-day trial.
http://www.socialtext.com/about/get-started/

> Is there an open source version of your product? Just curious.

There is an open-source release of Socialtext, but it only includes the
wiki/workspaces component; the new Socialtext People and Socialtext
Dashboard are (to the best of my knowledge) value-added features for
paid customers only. Right now, installing the open source release
is a pretty complex undertaking, not least of all because our dev team
has been focussed 100% on getting Socialtext 3 released. I'm hoping
that this will improve in the future.

Cheers,
Rick
--
QA and Tools Engineer rick....@socialtext.com
Socialtext +1(650)323-0800 x344

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd. :Voltaire