April 21st Remote workers lunch gathering

Trevor Swenson

Apr 14, 2009, 4:58:59 PM4/14/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Make your vote for next week's lunch gathering

http://www.polldaddy.com/poll.aspx?p=1538687

-Trevor

Gerry Kirk

Apr 14, 2009, 5:04:52 PM4/14/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Ok someone tell me about Kackleberry Cafe and Absolutely Delicious. Never heard of 'em!

Who is planning to go?

FYI tomorrow there is a Tweetup for ppl using or interested in Twitter. Arcadia's, 12 pm.

- Gerry
--
skype: gerry.kirk and more ways to connect @ http://gerrykirk.net/about
blog: http://gerrykirk.net

Trevor Swenson

Apr 15, 2009, 2:29:07 PM4/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
They are both cafe style restaurants offering homeade soups and sandwiches.  Found them in a random search for lunch places in the sault and figured I would throw them into the mix to spicen things up.

I hear you guys didn't go last month (I was out of town) and the month before was only Rick and I.  Can we get showing this time from more then 2 people or none at all?  Rick is out of town so he's excused (hopefully the only one)

-Trevor

Trevor Swenson

Apr 15, 2009, 9:07:34 PM4/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Actually just found out that Kackleberry's is in the Market Mall.  Not sure if that turns any of you off or not but apparently they do have good food.

Gerry Kirk

Apr 20, 2009, 9:24:28 AM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Hmm so no votes and no response on whether attending or not. I think the remote workers group is now defunct...

Trevor Swenson

Apr 20, 2009, 10:12:15 AM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Yup.  I do look for excuses like this to get out of the house, but they don't necessarily have to be so organized.  If anybody is going out for lunch and wants some company let me know.  I am pretty much available for the hour at lunch everyday and don't need much notice.

Maybe in the summer we can do a bbq or something, I will definitely try and plan one at least at my house and let you know the date.

-Trevor

Brad Simard

Apr 20, 2009, 10:20:26 AM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com

Hey I’m the only one that voted (just now).

Do the nature of my work currently, its usually a game time decision (like at 11:30) whether I am working through lunch or not.  Hence my lack of responses (don’t want you guys to count on me than bail).    For tomorrow it looks like … ill have to wait until 11:30 again : ).

Trevor Swenson

Apr 20, 2009, 10:27:55 AM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in trying out absolutely delicious so I will meet you there tomorrow at noon (regardless if you show up or not).

I just called and got some more info about the location

located in Travel Lodge hotel on Bay street
use underground parking
seats 30 (usually fills up for lunch crowd/come by noon)
homemade soups (beef barley/cream of cauliflower today)
Reuben/westerns/burgers
use homemade bread (rye/wheat bread)
no deep fryer (only grill)
-Trevor
On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:20 AM, Brad Simard <brad....@confluence.ca> wrote:

Hey I’m the only one that voted (just now).

Do the nature of my work currently, its usually a game time decision (like at 11:30) whether I am working through lunch or not.  Hence my lack of responses (don’t want you guys to count on me than bail).    For tomorrow it looks like … ill have to wait until 11:30 again : ).

Apr 20, 2009, 10:32:48 AM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
And I called back to confirm they do have free wi-fi service available for those that are interested.  Brad could you work from there and use their wifi if you brought your laptop?

Brad Simard

Apr 20, 2009, 10:42:52 AM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com

Now I wouldn’t be much company if I had my head buried in my laptop, poking out to take a bite of a sandwich,  would I?  I’ll let you guys know either way tomorrow.  Sorry for leaving you hangin, my wife doesn’t like it either (but she is at least used to it now).

B.

gil....@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2009, 11:52:27 AM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
My apologies folks, but being 50 minutes from town, and between meeting commitments and travel commitments this just did not work. Regards Gil

From: Gerry Kirk
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 09:24:28 -0400

To: <ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com>

Gerry Kirk

Apr 20, 2009, 3:47:34 PM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Gil, how is your work situation?

gil....@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2009, 4:28:44 PM4/20/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
I still have a job, so that is good. We can see well into the 3rd quarter and we are okay. After that not sure yet. The market seems to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Gil

From: Gerry Kirk
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 15:47:34 -0400

Brad Simard

Apr 21, 2009, 10:18:03 AM4/21/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com

Hey guys,

Out for today.  Sorry doods.

Trevor Swenson

May 12, 2009, 3:08:05 PM5/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
I am guessing it's not worth bothering arranging for a luncheon get-together next Tues but if somebody wants to get together speak up.  I myself will be out of town so I can't make it.

-Trevor

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 10:18 AM, Brad Simard <brad....@confluence.ca> wrote:

Hey guys,

Out for today.  Sorry doods.

Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 4:29 PM

Gerry Kirk

May 12, 2009, 3:22:41 PM5/12/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Next Tuesday I have organized a Tweetup lunch gathering. If you use Twitter, or are interested in Twitter, register now. There are only a few spots left.

Trevor Swenson

Jun 2, 2009, 12:40:47 PM6/2/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
More info on Absolutely Delicious in the news today.  We ALMOST made it there for lunch ..