Lunch gathering

Trevor Swenson

Jan 15, 2009, 11:49:27 AM1/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
I am out of town next week, so how about we shoot for the 27th

My choices for location
Caseys
Docks

-Trevor

Gerry Kirk

Jan 15, 2009, 11:51:48 AM1/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
I am heading back from TO that day...
--
skype: gerry.kirk and more ways to connect @ http://gerrykirk.net/about
blog: http://gerrykirk.net

tswe...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2009, 12:29:43 PM1/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
28th then?

From: "Gerry Kirk"
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 11:51:48 -0500
To: <ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Lunch gathering

Rick Scott

Jan 15, 2009, 12:49:34 PM1/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
> ("Gerry Kirk" <gerry...@gmail.com>:)

>> I am heading back from TO that day...
>
> 28th then?

I'm in Palo Alto the last week of January, so the first week of Feb
is a better choice for me. If Jan is a better choice for the rest
of the group, though, by all means go ahead.

(tswe...@gmail.com:)

> My choices for location
> Caseys
> Docks

I'd sooner Docks out of these two; we've been to Casey's twice since
they opened and had really bad experiences both times.

Other options:
* Muio's; food is good and prices reasonable, though the veggie
selection is short;
* Gliss is excellent though it'll run >$10 for lunch. ISTR they
have only one or two veggie lunch items, but of these their
roasted portobello is excellent
* Fratelli's is consistently good IME as well:
http://www.sootoday.com/content/menus/fratellis/index.asp?ad=2

Cheers,
Rick
--
QA and Tools Engineer rick....@socialtext.com
Socialtext +1(650)323-0800 x344

There never was a good war or a bad peace. :Ben Franklin

Gerry Kirk

Jan 15, 2009, 1:06:23 PM1/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Maybe just keep it to next Tuesday, which is the sort-of-but-not-quite usual date for our gatherings? It never works for everyone, but better than playing these let's pick a date games every time.

- Gerry

Gerry Kirk

Jan 15, 2009, 1:07:30 PM1/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Cesira's has a lunch menu too for decent price, veggie options as well.

tswe...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2009, 5:46:20 PM1/15/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Sure. I will be out of town so I will let you guys arrange it and plan the next one

From: "Gerry Kirk"
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:06:23 -0500

To: <ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com>

Gerry Kirk

Jan 16, 2009, 11:06:49 AM1/16/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
Maybe we should create a poll at the start of each month for where to go and have everyone vote. :)

Here is a poll for Jan, get yer vote in now! Choice announced Mon morning.
http://www.polldaddy.com/p/1280157/

- Gerry

Rick Scott

Jan 19, 2009, 12:04:11 PM1/19/09
to ssm-remot...@googlegroups.com
(Gerry Kirk:)

> Maybe just keep it to next Tuesday, which is the sort-of-but-not-
> quite usual date for our gatherings? It never works for everyone,
> but better than playing these let's pick a date games every time.

I just realized that Tuesday is inauguration day, and things are going
to kick off around 1130. The other thing is that I'm going to be taking
a fair amount of time this week to sort through our home purchase,
so I'm not sure I'm down with taking much time away from the office...

Who all is planning on going? If there's not a huge group maybe we can
head over here, have lunch, and watch the inauguration on the big screen
in the basement.