sshuttle without root privilege (used to work before)

Cassio de Campos

Feb 23, 2023, 4:25:41 AM2/23/23
to sshuttle
Dear all,

I used to have sshuttle working without the need of giving it root access in the local machine (I do have root access though). This is because I have my own firewall rules and setups and I can do the necessary changes to firewalls/etc. This worked fine until recently, as I could "ask" (not sure it was a trick) via --method for sshuttle not to try to change the firewall settings (nor any other settings requiring root). Is there still a way of doing so without changing shuttle code (which obviously I'd prefer to avoid)? E.g. before I think it was with "--method none" to let shuttle know I don't need/want sshuttle to do privileged stuff in the local machine (obviously I will have to do it myself, which is exactly what I want).

best,
cassio.