How do I turn this off?

N A

Aug 11, 2013, 8:43:56 PM8/11/13
to sshu...@googlegroups.com
I currently run sudo sshuttle -r user@server 0/0 -vv -D to start sshuttle.
Is there a way to stop sshuttle without running the kill command? (That's what I've been doing so far)
On a related note, sshuttle doesn't seem to detect my authorized_keys file, is that normal?

Tony Godshall

Aug 12, 2013, 5:40:56 PM8/12/13
to N A, sshuttle

Which authorized_keys file? /root/.ssh or /home/[user]/.ssh/

Try sudo bash and then run sshuttle- I bet both issues are sudo-related.

nathan....@gmail.com

Aug 12, 2013, 10:28:19 PM8/12/13
to sshu...@googlegroups.com, N A
Never-mind, the authorized_keys issue is unrelated. However I would still like to be able to turn off/disable sshuttle without having to kill process. Is there a way to do this?

Tony Godshall

Aug 13, 2013, 10:30:46 AM8/13/13
to N A, sshuttle

Ctrl-C works for me

N A

Aug 13, 2013, 10:47:35 PM8/13/13
to sshu...@googlegroups.com, N A
I cannot ^c when I run it in daemon mode (-D).

nomast...@gmail.com

Sep 30, 2014, 3:54:28 PM9/30/14
to sshu...@googlegroups.com, nathan....@gmail.com
I used my sshuttle with bash_aliases to enable starting with a simple command.

Here's how I have it setup:
$ vi ~/.bash_aliases

# start the tunnel - sudo password required. # replace the us...@hostname.dyndns.net and port 4499 with the port forwarded through your router.

alias stun='sudo sshuttle --dns --daemon --pidfile=/tmp/sshuttle.pid -r us...@hostname.dyndns.net:4499 0/0'

# kill the tunnel - sudo password required.

alias stunx='[[ -f /tmp/sshuttle.pid ]] && sudo kill $(cat /tmp/sshuttle.pid) && echo "Disconnected."'

Edit or create a ~/.bashrc file with the following lines:

if
  [ -f ~/.bash_aliases ];
  then . ~/.bash_aliases
fi

Then reload bash aliases:

. ~/.bash_aliases

Hope that makes sense and helps simplify the process a bit. I found this somewhere out there on the Internet.

Enjoy.

nomasteryoda

Haoran Wang

Mar 15, 2021, 4:00:45 AM3/15/21
to sshuttle
I am running in background, but after I kill the process, the logger process is still there, is there a way to stop the related logger also?

ps -ef |grep sshuttle
  501 72137     1   0  3:54PM ttys000    0:00.01 logger -p daemon.notice -t sshuttle
  501 72176     1   0  3:54PM ttys000    0:00.00 logger -p daemon.notice -t sshuttle