Change of plans - June 28th meetup is now AI lightning talks

Dan Elton

Jun 16, 2024, 3:06:27 PMJun 16
to ssc-b...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Due to one of our main speakers needing to reschedule as well as other factors,  I'm reorganizing the June 28th meetup at Microsoft NERD.

The meetup will be AI lightning talks. Anyone is invited to give a 10-15 minute talk, as long as it is AI-related. Please email me if you'd like to speak. Addy Cha will still be speaking about biological cognition, but he will give an abbreviated presentation over Zoom. I will be speaking about why general purpose AI doctors should not be FDA regulated

We are hoping to do the full event we had intended with July 11th. More details should be forthcoming soon.

As a side note, this Tuesday is the June AICamp meetup at Microsoft NERD. As with the last one, this one is not being co-hosted by Boston ACX. A comprehensive listing on in-person AI events in Boston can be found here

Regards,
-- Dan

Dan Elton

Jun 27, 2024, 5:22:34 PMJun 27
to ssc-b...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Just a reminder of tomorrow's AI lightning talks event at Microsoft New England. This should be a really fun event and I've ordered vegetarian food from Clover.

You can still RSVP on Meetup.

Schedule:
5:30 - 6:30 pm socializing with food & drink
6:30 - 8:00 pm lightning talks
8:00 - 9:00 pm wind down. Please make sure to be out of the building by 9:00 pm.

Speakers:

Addy Cha from https://www.ekkolapto.org : "how language influences cognitive processing and communication in animals like whales, dogs, and ants." (via Zoom)

Preston Estep III from the Mind First Foundation "Multiple unnatural attributes of AI undermine common anthropomorphically biased takeover speculations".

Michael Bukatin (Mishka) : “Ilya Sutskever's thoughts on AI safety in a world with superintelligent AI systems"

Melanie Swan from DIYgenomics : "AI Health Agents and Personalized Aging Clocks". (preview slides)

Dan Elton : "Why AI doctors should not be FDA regulated" (see post)

Regards,
-- Dan