Upcoming board gaming event and other events

Dan Elton

Jun 1, 2022, 8:13:47 AM6/1/22
to ssc-b...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The last board gaming meetup was pretty popular so our next meetup will be another board gaming event on Tues June 14th 6:30 pm at Aeronaut Brewing. I think this venue will be better than the library. I will bring a few games, but if there are particular games you want to play please bring them if you can. Aeronaut also has a supply of games. People are welcome to show up and just hang out, too.

If you have any sort of feedback or suggestions or if you would like to host your own meetup please send me an email.

Other upcoming events that may be of interest
Wed Jun 1st 6 pm :
Boston Lab Automators Unite!
Sat June 4th 3 pm: community member Skyler Crossman from Cambridge Less Wrong will be hosting "A Will Most Incorrect To Heaven reading".
Sat June 5th, 5 pm : Jose Luis Ricon and Kat Kajderowicz host a meetup at Lawn on D, partially sponsored by community member Tony Kulesa.
Sun June 5th 1:30 pm Boston area progress studies roundtable discussion  (a bunch of people expressed interest in a Boston-area progress studies / metascience meetup on the progress studies Slack and Twitter, so I'm hosting this. They may be the start of a Boston area progress studies Meetup.)
Sun June 5th 4 - 7:30 pm Bits in Bio meetup at Lawn on D
Fri June 10th - Laura Deming throws a summer party with Convergent Research (the Focused Research Organizations people) and New Science (Alexey Guzey's nonprofit) .
Sun June 12 - Humingbird VC BioTech Founders Dinner (early stage founders only)
Thurs June 30 - Imagination in Action Web3 Summit @ MIT

Other news
Community member Trevor Klee has a new blog post on his Substack: "How to win an election in 10 easy steps: an effective altruist's guide"

The Center for Effective Altruism is opening a co-working space near Harvard next year. If you work on an EA project or in an EA org and are interested in working there, please let them know

Regards,
-- Dan

--
Dan Elton, Ph.D. (he/him)

Dan Elton

Jun 1, 2022, 8:46:49 AM6/1/22
to ssc-b...@googlegroups.com
Just a correction -

The event with José Luis Ricón and Kat Kajderowicz is this Saturday June 4th. Also I meant to link to this tweet which contains a bit more background information on it and where you can RSVP.

Thanks,
-- Dan