Hike this Sunday (1/9/21) around the Middlesex Fells Reservation

Dan Elton

Jan 3, 2022, 3:10:42 PM1/3/22
to ssc-b...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone:

Happy New Year!

Because of the Omicron wave and because the Cambridge Public Library stopped allowing room reservations we will not be doing an indoor meetup this month.

I have planned a hike this Sunday (1/9/21) around the Middlesex Fells Reservation:

We will meet on the west side of the Oak Grove T Station (https://goo.gl/maps/DRqGEL7LzRHn7WyF9) where there is abundant parking at 1 pm and then we will walk 0.6 miles west to the Pinnacle Rock Trailhead.

From there we will walk around the park for approximately 1.5 hours and go to some of the places with views like Pinnacle rock and the MIT Geodetic Observatory which is apparently just a stick of wood in the ground.

A trail map can be viewed here

I will be driving from the Winter Hill neighborhood of Somerville and can take three people in my car, so let me know if you want a ride from Somerville.

If you want you can RSVP and invite other people via FacebookMeetup, or LessWrong.

Feel free to come even if you don't read Astral Codex Ten much or think of yourself as the type of person that would fit in at this meetup.

Regards,
-- Dan