Man Made Evolution?

socrtwo

Jan 6, 2009, 8:04:45 PM1/6/09
to Towards a New Synthesis of Evangelical Christianity and Science
I read an article in Jan. 12th, 2009 issue of Newsweek, pgs. 49-51
about how there appears to be a man made "evolution" or unintentional
artificial selection of big game animals like Big Horn Sheep, Elk and
Elephants. Since hunters prize animals with big horn or tusks, these
animals are being selected against. Apparently scientists are worried
that this is leading to weakened herds with this disruption of the
natural balance.

Instead, I think this is what occurs at the end of all geological ages/
mass extinction events that we are going through today. It is no less
natural than what happened before. It is the last second unlikely
survival of the humble and meek discussed by Jesus in his Sermons on
the Mount. It is the survival of the unselfish over the selfish that
characterize the re-emergence and victory of life over dominance,
tyranny and death.

It's actually a good sign and a sign of strengthening of the herds I
believe; and it's part of a natural cycle of life on earth which
starts out ideally with no parasites and full cooperation among beings
but falls from that to increasing competition and domination by the
selfish and strong. However at the end of an age there is a
relatively quick extinction of most of the strong, well fed, dominant
and selfish in favor of the weak, poorly fed and meek but cooperative
in kind of biological "Day of the Lord".

This has happened a number of times in the history of the earth, and
is happening again, maybe for the final time.

"And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the
evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in
the wilderness, and sleep in the woods." Ezekiel 34:25