Simcha Jacobovitch and the 6 Days of Creation

socrtwo

Jun 14, 2008, 4:49:40 PM6/14/08
to Towards a New Synthesis of Evangelical Christianity and Science
Although I believe Simcha Jacobovitch in the Naked Archaeologist Show
on the History Channel is sometimes too irreverent and just obnoxious,
he does bring up intriguing material if only to summarily knock it
down.

Recently I saw him introduce a Physicist who explains that because
Space expansion causes time expansion and space has expanded by a fact
or of a trillion (or is it million), that really 15 billion years is
only six days from the point of view of where the big bang started.

This is a fantastic idea. Simcha and his physicist then talk about how
the story in Genesis probably then reflect "the molecular memory of
man" and the "Bible perspective" rather than the perspective of God.
So an opportunity to have faith in God and the veracity of the Bible
is squandered by placing man in the center of things again.

To me this seems the same old "The fool has said in his heart, 'There
is no God.'" of Psalm 14:1.

Maybe I'm no better than Simcha and have committed abominations if
only of a different nature than to imply that the bones of Jesus have
been found (which he did). Simcha does bring up all kinds of
interesting things in his shows, but most often in the end sides with
man or the archaeologists if the archaeologists believe in 95% of the
Bible. He never goes all the way.

Would that there would be a Christian or Jewish "apologist"
archaeologist who goes all the way and encourages 100% belief in the
veracity of the Bible rather than the reasoning of man and bring up
the same things Simcha brings up, but then doesn't say they are a
product of man bet are a product of God. What use is a man who does
not connect us with the living God but shows us deeper connections
than seen before only to sever them too?

Paul Zakary

Jun 14, 2008, 5:18:12 PM6/14/08
to ssa...@googlegroups.com
SSANDC,
As a matter of fact, you are constrained by Einstein's laws of relativity to take time dialation into account when you read Genesis 1 as a scientist or engineer.Genesis 1 is not written from a Earth bound time frame. For more info see www.genesistime.com

Paul Zakary
--
Paul D. Zakary
206-225-8750

socrtwo

Jun 14, 2008, 5:45:11 PM6/14/08
to Towards a New Synthesis of Evangelical Christianity and Science
Dear Mr. Zakary,

I found you website fascinating. Thanks for sending me the link. I
didn't realize I was constrained by Einstein's Laws with this Genesis
time frame.

What I was trying to describe is in agreement with your slides. The
TV show did not go into enough depth to explain this idea in the way
you explained so I perhaps could not explain it in the right way.

I hope others will visit you site as it is quick to run through and
very convincing.

Thanks again for providing this easily digestable presentation to the
general public.

Paul D Pruitt (socrtwo)