Sri Brahmachaitanya Pravachan for the day: Paramartha is a Practice-oriented Discipline

ShastriX

Jun 28, 2011, 4:28:18 AM6/28/11
to ggSriBrahmaChaitanya, ygBrahmachaitanya
http://bit.ly/sbcp0628
| A highly learned man once went to the palace of King Janaka, and sent in word of his arrival, expecting the king to order that he be immediately ushered in, and to shower honours on him. The saintly king divined that the guest was filled with pride, and so sent a reply that he come alone, meaning minus the pride.

| A mortgagee is not entitled to put a mortgaged article to use; treat your wife, children, everything you have, as a mortgage to you by God; do your duty in everything, but keep off the idea that they belong to you. Protect them dutifully, but be unconcerned, detached, about them in your heart of hearts. It is, indeed, a crime to feel attachment or proprietorship for them and to feel pleasure or pain on their account.

Sri Brahmachaitanya Pravachan Grid:
http://bit.ly/sbcpGrid

ShastriX

Jun 28, 2011, 7:13:18 AM6/28/11
to ygBrahmachaitanya, ggSriBrahmaChaitanya

Thank you, Narendra.  Always nice to see your feedback.

IMHO, this (June 28) is one of the great pages in the Pravachan.  It inspires me no end, as well as one of my close friends, who's a very ardent devotee of Maharaj.

Along with that page on Viveka and Vairagya:
(September 4)
http://bit.ly/sbcp0904
| To renounce all that leads to forgetting God is vairagya, and to follow only such things which help in remembering God is viveka.

Regards,

Shastri

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 4:25 PM, narendra manjrekar <npman...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Shashtriji,

Thanks for Sharing this.

I was at gondavale last weekend and thought came to mind about everyone on this
group.

So nice of you all for sharing ways and means to practice what "Maharaj" said.

Like the Janak Story, we keep visiting Maharaj and he says the same thing "COME
ALONE".

But we have so many things to carry on our shoulder. Need to drop attachment
worldly responsibilities one by one (and not the responsibilities) and one fine
day we will be "ALONE" standing there and reciting "Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai
Ram" internally.

Shri Ram Jai Ram Jai Jai Ram

Narendra