ASP.NET Core 2 Support

Lee M

Nov 9, 2017, 5:51:57 AM11/9/17
to SquishIt
Sorry if this has already been asked. But does the latest SquishIt support ASP.NET Core 2? I am starting a project and would like to use SquishIt instead of the built in bundling or NPM

Alex Ullrich

Nov 10, 2017, 5:41:44 AM11/10/17
to SquishIt
The main focus with v1.0 was to get asp.net dependencies out of the core library, making it easier to integrate with Nancy and similar frameworks by writing small middleware components. In theory this should put us 1 step closer to .net core support but I’ve not had time to look at it yet.

As it stands you might have a chance using the 4.6 runtime but for true .net core support my belief has been that we’d need to port the squishit.framework library/package to new core-specific versions, then implement the middleware needed for IO etc... Not yet sure how much effort this would take but it is definitely on the roadmap.

May have some time in the next few weeks to look at this but not certain. If you try it in the meantime id be very interested to know what you find out.

Alex