Make my javascript code unreadable

Tom

Jan 4, 2013, 8:43:07 AM1/4/13
to squi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have minified javascript files combined into one script by SquishIt. Can I make my code undreadable? I would like to have unreadable function names like Dean Edwards Packer? http://dean.edwards.name/packer/ (encode). Do you have any ideas?

Alex Ullrich

Jan 5, 2013, 12:02:38 PM1/5/13
to squi...@googlegroups.com
Your best bet (assuming the packer code is open source) would be to implement your own minifier that uses it. There is an old .net port you could use as a basis, or if the actual packer site uses JavaScript (cant tell from my phone) you could use that via the IE JavaScript engine or Jurassic.

Tom

Jan 6, 2013, 6:10:16 AM1/6/13
to squi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.
Is there other solutions than packer? (maybe newer or better?)

Alex Ullrich

Jan 7, 2013, 7:06:57 PM1/7/13
to squi...@googlegroups.com
I'm not aware of any, but haven't really looked.

I did see that someone had implemented packer in ruby fairly recently - https://github.com/jcoglan/packr

Christian White

Feb 27, 2015, 4:12:53 PM2/27/15
to squi...@googlegroups.com