Does SquishIt reminify and bundle the css and js files on every page request?

Santosh Patro

Feb 3, 2014, 7:22:05 AM2/3/14
to squi...@googlegroups.com

Hi WebGurus,

I am using SquishIt for bundling and minification of css and js files in a asp.net mvc2 application. I want to know will SquishIt reminify and bundle the files on every page request. Does this not impact the page performance times and response times?

Can anyone help me to know more details about the above.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh Kumar Patro

Alex Ullrich

Feb 4, 2014, 8:38:36 AM2/4/14
to squi...@googlegroups.com
Every attempt is made to only combine/minify files once.  In production, make sure your app pool does not recycle too often as they are rebuilt every time the app is restarted.

Tuncay Demirtepe

Jun 16, 2015, 9:10:49 AM6/16/15
to squi...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to do it when at least 1 file is changed?

Alex Ullrich

Jun 17, 2015, 8:22:15 AM6/17/15
to squi...@googlegroups.com
We use the cache dependency features cooked into .net to expire bundles from the cache if any of the files they're comprised of change.