Missing plants

Tim Kiely

Sep 2, 2011, 2:18:57 PM9/2/11
to squirre...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just stopped by the garden and I was shocked to find that a carrot plant (yes, carrot, not Queen Anne's Lace) that I've been growing all season for seed is gone.  So are some watermelon plants that have been growing since May.

I am in plot 11.

Does anyone know what might have happened?  As you can imagine this is pretty surprising since I've been tending to these plants for months.

Thanks,
Tim

Lauren Farina

Sep 2, 2011, 2:32:12 PM9/2/11
to squirre...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tim,
This is really sad, I'm very sorry to hear this. I have been watching your watermelon plants grow all month.  I was going to ask you what variety it was, or if you were saving seeds because it looked so great.  If I hear anything, I will let you know.
Lauren

Patricia McGrath

Sep 2, 2011, 4:53:15 PM9/2/11
to Lauren Farina, squirre...@googlegroups.com

That is really bad-the stack of small red flags to use to note watering disappeared from my plot 13 in 2 days.

My tomato plants have been thriving an does not look like anyone is taking the cherries.

Alice Gugelmann

Sep 6, 2011, 2:00:53 PM9/6/11
to squirre...@googlegroups.com
Oh no, the watermelon!  I'm sorry!  CitySprouts hasn't had anything taken from our plots except 4 cabbages.  I'm hoping they went into delicious stews, and not used as soccer balls.

Alice

Jennifer Bodde

Sep 14, 2011, 6:46:31 PM9/14/11
to squirre...@googlegroups.com

Hi, Tim—

I’m so sorry—I totally wanted to know what was underneath the giant carrot plant, and I was wondering where it went.  I dug up its much smaller twin (growing out of the hay bales in our plot, right next to yours) today with the kids, but there were only skinny, stringy roots.

As you can tell from our plot, I haven’t been around as much as I’d like, and I haven’t brought my Community Art Center kids at all in the past few weeks, so they definitely didn’t run inadvertently (or advertently) amok in your plot.

Crummy news…I hope the two little melons come out OK.

Jen