Community Art Center's Spring Play -- Rebel!!!

Shayla Lowe

May 15, 2014, 11:25:16 AM5/15/14
to Shayla Lowe

Community Art Center Friends and Families,

Attached is the flyer for our play REBEL and summary below.

This spring the Community Art Center's School Age Child Care Program is working on an original play about the Haitian Revolution. Visual, Media, Dance and Theatre Arts classes are collaborating to tell the story of Johanne, a young girl coming of age in the revolutionary landscape of Sainte Domingue- the French colony that would become Haiti.  As Johanne witnesses and participates in the changing life around her she must confront her present fears and find new, future hopes. Her story is told. Through the telling we learn what freedom, courage and responsibility mean for one girl in one country struggling for liberation.

I hope to see you all at the show!

Best,

Shay

Shayla Lowe

School Age Program Director

Community Art Center, Inc.

119 Windsor Street

Cambridge, MA 02139

phone: (617) 868-7100 x14

email: sha...@communityartcenter.org

fax: (617) 864-4700

Support the 2014 DIYDS!! Kickstarter Campaign!

Find out how:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/diyds2014/support-the-2014-diyds-youth-film-festival

rebelflyer.pdf