Participatory budget voting is here!

min...@comcast.net

Mar 23, 2015, 9:28:03 AM3/23/15
to squirrel garden, moore garden
Many Cambridge folks have sorted through all the initial proposals and came up with these 20 projects. Please take the time to vote for your top five many of them related to planting and gardening opportunities. Anyone who lives in Cambridge and is 12 years or older gets a vote. I'll be at the Winter Farmers Market on Saturday to explain the choices if you want to vote in person. Minka

From March 22-28, if you live in Cambridge and are at least 12 years old, YOU can VOTE on how to spend $500,000 of the City’s FY16 Capital Budget.  You can vote online (as long as you have a cell phone) or in person at one of the various sites around the city.  A full list of voting locations can be found here; we will post the link to the online ballot in the same place tomorrow.  Make sure you check out the 20 proposals on the ballot!  Each voter will be able to choose his or her 5 favorites.

We hope that you’ll join us at two Project Expos this week to vote and to talk to Budget Delegates about the proposals that they developed:
·         Tuesday, March 24th from 5:30-8:30pm at the Windsor Street Health Center (119 Windsor Street)
·         Saturday, March 28th from 10am-2pm at the Cambridge Community Center (5 Callender Street) – same time as the winter farmers’ market

Please vote and help spread the word to your family, friends, neighbors, and colleagues.  Useful links:
·         What is Participatory Budgeting?
·         Proposal Descriptions
·         Voting Information
·         Cambridge Chronicle Story