City Sprouts efforts in Cambridge

min...@comcast.net

Mar 14, 2013, 11:36:22 PM3/14/13
to Mid cambridge, squirrel garden, moore garden
Hello Fellow Gardeners -

Early this week I saw the cheery yellow crocus at North Point Park blooming and last night I shivered on the way home from the T. Spring must be around the corner!

I wanted to send you information about a wonderful Cambridge nonprofit called City Sprouts. Their aim was to bring a community garden into every public school in the city and over a ten year period they gradually succeeded! You may know about the fruit trees at the Morse or the woolly pockets attached to the chain link fence at the C'port School - each school has its own special touch. This evening I attended the City Sprouts fundraiser and got to hear from inspired kids in Cambridge about the ways having a garden & raising their own food  influenced them.

I'd like to ask you to support City Spouts with a $2 donation for tools. You could win a $200 Whole Foods gift certificate or you could just contribute to the tools kids need.

Visit CitySprouts.org to learn more about their mission and this $2 request.

Thanks for considering,

Minka vB