Clean up Squirrel Brand this weekend?

Alice Gugelmann

Apr 8, 2013, 1:49:13 PM4/8/13
to squirrel garden
Hello Squirrel Brand gardeners,

I look after the CitySprouts plots at Squirrel Brand, and could use your help with the yard waste in the paths so that the school kids have a bit more space.  This weekend is supposed to be sunny and spring-like, perfect planting and clearing weather - it'd be great to get a group of us together to wake up the garden!

I propose this Sunday afternoon, April 14th, 2 to 4pm. Bring your gloves, clippers, pruners, shovels!  I'll drop a bunch of yard waste bags off on Saturday morning (by the bulletin board), in case you're in your plot on Saturday.  Please don't put anything into the yard waste bins the way they are now - the City won't pick them up if they're heavy and waterlogged.  I think we have to move all that material into yard waste bags.

Also, our faithful garden coordinator Lauren is MIA - I hope she's okay! - and it looks like we might get a new organizer soon.  For now, everyone is on their own.

Let me know if you can make it on Sunday, and happy Spring!

Best,

Alice

Julia Hallman

Apr 9, 2013, 10:11:54 AM4/9/13
to squirre...@googlegroups.com
Hi gardeners!

Have the plot assignments gone out this year? Last year was my 3rd year so I know that I might not have my plot anymore :( but I wanted to make sure! My plot is/was plot 8 right by the compost (with the raised beds).

Thanks everyone!!

Julia

Alice Gugelmann

Apr 13, 2013, 8:58:49 PM4/13/13
to squirrel garden
Hello gardeners,

Here's a reminder that we'll be in the garden tomorrow (Sunday) from 2-4 for clean-up and meeting - hope you can make it!

Thanks,

Alice