Happy Spring! Welcome new and returning gardeners!

SBCG Coordinator

Mar 27, 2012, 1:26:15 PM3/27/12
to squirre...@googlegroups.com
Hello Gardeners,
Please follow this link to view the plot assignment list for 2012.  If you notice any errors or other issues, contact me directly as soon as possible.  You may notice that plot 26 will be shared this year to help get more folks into the garden sooner, use space fully, and give new gardeners a chance to try things out before taking on a full plot.

Please remember that plots must be cleaned-up and ready for planting by April 30th and planted by May 31st - space is limited and your plot will be reassigned if these are not met.  If you need help please reach out to your fellow gardeners!

A few more announcements:

1) Tim Kiely (Plot 11) will be joining me in the role of co-coordinator this season - feel free to contact either of us about anything garden-related!  Tim has been involved in the garden for many years and had considered becoming the garden coordinator last year, but was unable to be as involved that season.  Now that he can dedicate more time, I think it's wonderful to have him take on the role this year. I hope you will all join me in welcoming Tim, who not only brings his great passion for community gardening, but also his expertise as a Master Urban Gardener! Thank you Tim!!!

We will begin using this sbcg...@gmail.com email address, which we can both check.

3) Spring kick-off and clean-up day, April 14th @ noon - Clean up debris from winter, break ground on your plot if you haven't already, and meet your fellow gardeners and neighbors.

4) We will be scheduling a meeting for all interested gardeners, waitlisters, etc. We would like to focus on reviewing the garden policy and considering revisions to best utilize the garden and engage community members. More info, dates to follow soon...

I hope you had a lovely winter, and look forward to seeing you all in the garden soon!

Best,
Lauren
(617)852-1554

--