plots available at new garden on Mem Drive

Patricia McGrath

Apr 26, 2013, 10:07:57 AM4/26/13
to squirre...@googlegroups.com, Letourneau, Jennifer (jwright@cambridgema.gov)

Jennifer let me  know that there is a new garden opening right now on Memorial Drive in the park between Blackstone and River Street.

Since this is the first year, there are still a  few unassigned plots available.

Contact Jen to determine if you can transfer your request for a plot at Squirrel Garden or fill out a new application.

Also she reports that the wait for plots at Fresh Pond is somewhat shorter.

There is a 3 year wait at Squirrel Garden. Ie, some 2010 applicants could get assigned plots in 2013, but since only 5 are turning over, likely 2014. We are updating the wait list.

Happy Gardening

Patricia McGrath

617-271-7002

Lynette Forrey

May 16, 2013, 2:45:03 PM5/16/13
to Patricia McGrath, squirre...@googlegroups.com, Letourneau, Jennifer (jwright@cambridgema.gov)
Hello, Gardeners.

Today at around 2:30 I went to the garden to find that a huge puddle had formed, as often happens after it rains. I realized after wading through the water to my garden that someone had left the water on. We all need to be mindful and check to make sure that water is off before we leave. Not only is it a waste of a precious resource, some gardens (like mine) will eventually flood. Fortunately I was in time to stop this happening to my garden. Let us work together, not against each other.

Thank you.
Lynette