playground build at Margaret Fuller House October 13th

Mark Stearns

Sep 27, 2012, 2:30:41 PM9/27/12
to squirre...@googlegroups.com
HI everyone at SquirrelBrand,

I'm contacting you all for 2 reasons.  The first is that we will be building a brand new playground at the Margaret Fuller House on October 13 (Saturday at 8:00 am), and I wanted to encourage anyone who would like to get involved to sign up to join our volunteers list for the Build Day (please contact me ASAP).  I need 150 volunteers, and my rolls are almost full, but we'd love to have folks from the Garden get involved.

The second and more pressing issue is that the Build, as a community effort, will require a very large number of outdoor tools--particularly wheelbarrows, steel rakes, hoes and shovels.  So my request is that if anyone can loan us a wheelbarrow (which I will note, needs to be a solid and deep one, as it will be used for mixing cement -- and thoroughly cleaned afterwards) or other tools on the list I have attached here, please let me know.  The tools will all be labeled clearly and safely stored until the Build Day is complete.  We need to have them all gathered by October 11th, at which point they will be stored in a large trailer on Eaton Street.  Anything that folks can loan us would be appreciated, but again, the priorities at this point are definitely the wheelbarrows, hoes (also for stirring cement), shovels and steel rakes.  We also need a good garden hose, and a couple of long extension cords.

Thanks for taking the time to look this over!

Mark
--
Mark B. Stearns
Director of School Age Programs