Feature request: covariant Query (Query[Cat] "is a" Query[Animal])

David Miguel Antunes

Oct 21, 2016, 4:04:38 AM10/21/16
to squ...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'd just like to leave this feature request idea - not sure if this is the right place(?)

It would be great if a Query would be covariant, i.e., a Query[Cat] be a Query[Animal]
(Assume class Cat extends class Animal)

Just like the List: a List[Cat] is a List[Animal]

It would be great to have this also for Table

This may not be completely straightforward to implement as it only makes sense when reading things, not writing/inserting, but I believe it is quite useful to have in a number of situations

Thanks!
David