mark table to skip ddl generation?

Jason Pringle

Jul 28, 2014, 1:03:46 PM7/28/14
to squ...@googlegroups.com
In a couple of cases I would have liked to use a single table inheritance approach, but ran into trouble mapping the same table to multiple entities.  When generating the schema, the table is included twice, once for each mapping.

We only use schema generation for our automated testing (in memory DB), but I couldn't find a 'clever' way to define the schema so it would only emit ddl for one of the mappings.

Am I approaching STI wrong (define two different entity case classes, define table mapping for each specifying the same table), or missing a way to turn off schema generation on a per-mapping basis?

Thanks,
Jason

Andrijan Jelovic

May 31, 2019, 4:48:49 PM5/31/19
to Squeryl
Hi Jason,

You can have multiple schemas created and create the table in one table creation schema and then other schemas are used to query the table only.