Contributing to the project

Norbert Radyk

May 12, 2018, 8:10:03 AM5/12/18
to Squeryl
Hi Squeryl group,

Does anyone know what is the status of the project and plans for further development? I think this library is a valuable alternative to Slick in the Scala ecosystem and would be interested in contributing and putting and few improvements and cleanups around it.

I have raised a pull request with cleanup of the unused code (cleaning up the warnings: https://github.com/squeryl/squeryl/pull/244), but it has been outstanding for the last 3 weeks without any comment. Ideally if it's not fit for purpose I'd like to know how to make it better as I believe the library can benefit with a bit more cleanup.

Also if there is a better discussion group/channel to cover contributing to the project can you please let me know, website documentation points to the squeryl-contributors group, but this seems to be a bit dead with no messages in the last 5 years. There are also no contributing guidelines in the project itself.

Any feedback or help appreciated.

Thanks, Norbert

Brian Maso

May 12, 2018, 11:40:25 AM5/12/18
to squ...@googlegroups.com
I have similar questions. I still use Squeryl a *lot*. Maybe its because I'm too lazy to get as good at Slick or other alternatives, but I really prefer Squeryl's way of doing things, and I'd like to contribute.

If a primer or basic intro to the *codebase* were available, it would probably go a long way towards encouraging contributions. The Squeryl DSL is great. An explanation of how it works -- the implicits, typeclasses, and value classes involved, would be really good have.

Brian Maso

Best regards,
Brian Maso
(949) 395-8551