Compilation failures for scala 2.9.0.RC1

Marco Rico-Gomez

Mar 30, 2011, 3:12:05 PM3/30/11
to squeryl-co...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I tried to cross build the current squeryl codebase in the master branch against 2.9.0.RC1 and got the following compilation errors:

---
[error] dev/scala/Squeryl/src/main/scala/org/squeryl/logging/StatsSchema.scala:92: type mismatch;
[error] found : org.squeryl.dsl.NvlFunctionNumerical[?A,?B]
[error] required: org.squeryl.dsl.ast.TypedExpressionNode[?]
[error] Note that implicit conversions are not applicable because they are ambiguous:
[error] both method binaryOpConv1 in trait TypeArithmetic of type (op: org.squeryl.dsl.BinaryAMSOp[org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode.ByteType,org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode.ByteType])org.squeryl.dsl.NumericalTypeConversion[org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode.ByteType]
[error] and method binaryOpConv2 in trait TypeArithmetic of type (op: org.squeryl.dsl.BinaryAMSOp[org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode.ByteType,org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode.IntType])org.squeryl.dsl.NumericalTypeConversion[org.squeryl.PrimitiveTypeMode.IntType]
[error] are possible conversion functions from org.squeryl.dsl.NvlFunctionNumerical[?A,?B] to org.squeryl.dsl.ast.TypedExpressionNode[?]
[error] compute(avg(si.executeTime), count, sum(si.executeTime), nvl(avg(si.rowCount),0))
[error] ^
[error] dev/scala/Squeryl/src/main/scala/org/squeryl/logging/StatsSchema.scala:99: value key is not a member of Nothing
[error] where(si.key._1 === s.hash and si.key._2 === s.statementHashCollisionNumber)
[error] ^
[error] two errors found
----

Ticket created: https://www.assembla.com/spaces/squeryl/tickets/29-fix-compilation-failures-for-scala-2-9-0-rc1

It would be great if we could ship a release for scala 2.9.0.RC1 in the near future. Are there any plans for that?

Regards,
Marco

Maxime Lévesque

Mar 30, 2011, 3:18:42 PM3/30/11
to squeryl-co...@googlegroups.com

 It is desired, but not yet planed ;-)

 I don't quite like what I'm seeing here, I'll have to look into it, I wonder if there are more like theese...

Marco Rico-Gomez

Mar 30, 2011, 3:39:24 PM3/30/11
to squeryl-co...@googlegroups.com

> It is desired, but not yet planed ;-)
>
> I don't quite like what I'm seeing here, I'll have to look into it, I wonder if there are more like theese...

Hm, bad news! After a naive workaround, test-compile reports 18 errors :-(
I'll try to spend some time on that in the next days too ...