Prerequisite 'Text::VimColor' fails to install for Pod::Server

Terrence Brannon

Aug 8, 2009, 9:04:46 PM8/8/09
to squatting-framework
Just FYI

Warning: Prerequisite 'Text::VimColor => 0' for
'B/BE/BEPPU/Pod-Server-1.06.tar.
gz' failed when processing 'G/GE/GEOFFR/Text-VimColor-0.11.tar.gz' with
'make_te
st => NO'. Continuing, but chances to succeed are limited.
cp lib/Pod/Server.pm blib/lib/Pod/Server.pm
cp bin/pod_server blib/script/pod_server
/usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::MY" -e "MY->fixin(shift)" blib/script/pod_server
Manifying blib/man1/pod_server.1p
Manifying blib/man3/Pod::Server.3pm
BEPPU/Pod-Server-1.06.tar.gz
/usr/bin/make -- OK
Warning (usually harmless): 'YAML' not installed, will not store
persistent stat
Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0,
'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/00_basic....NOK
1/0
# Failed test 'use Pod::Server;'
# at t/00_basic.t line 3.
# Tried to use 'Pod::Server'.
# Error: Can't locate Text/VimColor.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/root/.cpan/
build/Pod-Server-1.06-BFQLd9/blib/lib
/root/.cpan/build/Pod-Server-1.06-BFQLd9/b
lib/arch /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0 /usr/
lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
/usr/local/li
b/site_perl . /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.0
/usr/local/share/perl/5.10.0
/usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10
/usr/loc
al/lib/site_perl .) at
/root/.cpan/build/Pod-Server-1.06-BFQLd9/blib/lib/Pod/Ser
ver.pm line 237.
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/root/.cpan/build/Pod-Server-1.06-BFQLd9/
blib/lib/Pod/Server.pm line 237.
# Compilation failed in require at (eval 4) line 2.
# BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 4) line 2.
# Looks like you failed 1 test of 1.
t/00_basic....dubious

Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
DIED. FAILED test 1
Failed 1/1 tests, 0.00% okay
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail List of Failed
t/00_basic.t 1 256 1 1 1
Failed 1/1 test scripts. 1/1 subtests failed.
Files=1, Tests=1, 2 wallclock secs ( 0.09 cusr + 0.01 csys = 0.10 CPU)
Failed 1/1 test programs. 1/1 subtests failed.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 1

beppu

Aug 9, 2009, 5:50:34 AM8/9/09
to squatting-framework
Thanks for letting me know.

I'll probably try to make it optional.

--beppu

beppu

Aug 9, 2009, 5:56:48 AM8/9/09
to squatting-framework
PS: Congrats to your boy, Anderson. He made it look easy.
http://i31.tinypic.com/2cdwjv7.gif

Terrence Brannon

Aug 10, 2009, 5:40:32 AM8/10/09
to squatting...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Anderson Silva is electrifying! It's interesting that the 2 best
fighters (Machida and Silva) refuse to fight each other.

The two best runners would run against each other. The two best chess
players would play against each other.

Another thing: the very best martial artists are nowhere near this
contest. I'm sure there are many people in Asia who could beat
Silva/Machida with one arm behind their back (literally).

But their focus is internal development, so you never know about them.

beppu

Aug 11, 2009, 8:38:25 AM8/11/09
to squatting-framework
It's funny that Anderson's losses have come from Japanese guys who
don't have the greatest records but were decent grapplers. However,
those losses were from a while ago, and I think he's plugged most of
those holes in his game.

One thing, though. I wouldn't put Asian people up on a pedestal like
you did at the end. You'll be sorely disappointed to find out we're
just as fucked up as everyone else ...only in different ways. :P

--beppu

Terrence Brannon

Aug 11, 2009, 8:43:51 AM8/11/09
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 8:38 AM, beppu <john....@gmail.com> wrote:

It's funny that Anderson's losses have come from Japanese guys who
don't have the greatest records but were decent grapplers.

yes, Anderson's biggest challenges in UFC also came from ground attacks - Jeremy Horn and Dan Henderson

but the one exception was the flying heel hook by Ryo Chonan. For some reason, Silva just couldnt get his rhythm against that guy!

 However,
those losses were from a while ago, and I think he's plugged most of
those holes in his game.

Leites couldnt do anything on the ground against him. Almeida - Anderson would be interesting. I wonder how Silva is going to avoid a Machida confrontation. I'd like to see Fedor drop down a weight class and Silva move up. Or GSP move up a weight class.

One thing, though.  I wouldn't put Asian people up on a pedestal like
you did at the end.

Well, I had a Tai Chi teacher from China named Tony Ho. He teaches down in Irvine. He was literally that good. In push hands bouts he could stand on one leg and beat 325 pound men. He used to hang out with Judo Gene Labelle, Steven Segall, etc.

And then we have the Indonesians who practice Silat - they can take punches.

You'll be sorely disappointed to find out we're
just as fucked up as everyone else ...only in different ways.

Heh - my martial arts practice is limited to the board game "Go" --- called "Igo" in Japan. It's amazing how deep this game is - more levels of skill than any other game.