Is this list dead?

Message has been deleted

Terrence Brannon

Oct 5, 2009, 3:38:57 PM10/5/09
to squatting...@googlegroups.com
This person should be banned.

Camellia wrote:
> Seeking a partner for chatting, flirting or something more? Millions
> participants waiting for you in the VIDEO SEX CHAT chat!
> http://sexchat2.notlong.com

draegtun

Oct 9, 2009, 11:58:58 AM10/9/09
to squatting-framework
I hope not (the list being dead that is!).

Hopefully beppu will be able to ban these interlopers soon.

/I3az/

beppu

Oct 11, 2009, 2:50:01 PM10/11/09
to squatting-framework
The spammers are relentless. You just gotta ban them as they come.

draegtun

Oct 30, 2009, 3:26:51 PM10/30/09
to squatting-framework

Scott Walters

Oct 30, 2009, 5:32:16 PM10/30/09
to squatting...@googlegroups.com
Feel free to make your own news and tell us all about it.

-scott

Hans Dieter Pearcey

Oct 30, 2009, 7:11:00 PM10/30/09
to squatting-framework
Excerpts from Scott Walters's message of Fri Oct 30 17:32:16 -0400 2009:

> Feel free to make your own news and tell us all about it.

I think he meant "dead" as in "unmaintained" (because of the spam coming in),
not as in "nothing happening".

hdp.

draegtun

Oct 31, 2009, 11:26:16 AM10/31/09
to squatting-framework
Yes sadly Google groups does have a serious spam issue.... hence
jQuery have "given up" on it.

Google really needs to provide more preventive spam measures and not
rely on the groups admin to do all the cleaning up :(

/I3az/

Terrence Brannon

Oct 31, 2009, 11:27:58 AM10/31/09
to squatting...@googlegroups.com
Well the default membership approach is the problem.

All you really have to do is screen who joins thoroughly by using the non-default membership option.

beppu

Nov 2, 2009, 11:25:34 PM11/2/09
to squatting-framework
You know what... that's not a bad idea. This list only gets a tiny
trickle of new members, so it's not unreasonable to make new members
get screened before they join. Hopefully, the SPAM from this Google
Group will be infrequent to non-existent from now on.

--beppu