Tenjin is now on CPAN

beppu

Aug 16, 2009, 8:55:20 AM8/16/09
to squatting-framework
Thanks to ido50, the Tenjin templating system is now available on
CPAN.

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Tenjin/

It looks like he's added a few improvements of his own, too.

I like Tenjin, because it's lightweight and fast. It may even be the
*fastest* templating engine available to a Perl programmer. The web
page on Tenjin by the original author has some informative benchmarks:

http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/

He has also made some nice presentations about Tenjin:

http://www.kuwata-lab.com/presen/YAPC2008-kuwata.pdf

http://www.kuwata-lab.com/presen/LL2007LT.pdf

Check it out.

--beppu

Terrence Brannon

Aug 16, 2009, 6:25:28 PM8/16/09
to squatting...@googlegroups.com

beppu wrote:
> I like Tenjin, because it's lightweight and fast. It may even be the
> *fastest* templating engine available to a Perl programmer. The web
> page on Tenjin by the original author has some informative benchmarks:

yes <http://www.kuwata-lab.com/tenjin/pltenjin-users-guide.html#comparison>
I wonder if that is the XS version of TT?

And personally, speed is my last concern when developing software.
Readability and clear logic are paramount, along with correctness.

Typically a program has a single bottleneck and only that needs to be fixed.

I am not gentoo-mentality speed freak :)

Also, Text::MicroTemplate is an extract from the Mojo web framework. I
wonder how fast that is. It compiles to Perl subs.

> Check it out.

I also looked Kwartz
<http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwartz/kwartz3ruby-users-guide.01.html#example1>

This seems overly ambitious. A bit to rigid on where control is for
producing the output HTML. I prefer full-strength languages available
for controlling HTML output, not code embedded in CSS (though Brock
might like that :)

Tatsuhiko Miyagawa

Aug 16, 2009, 7:05:25 PM8/16/09

http://gist.github.com/156998

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa

beppu

Aug 17, 2009, 3:43:11 AM8/17/09
to squatting-framework
Thanks for the benchmark. What tricks does Tenjin do to be so fast?