hey Brock, it's Template::Semantic!

Terrence Brannon

Feb 9, 2010, 1:56:05 PM2/9/10
to squatting-framework
I remember you were interested in some CSS accessors for Seamstress...
well it looks like something similar to what you want has hit CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Template-Semantic/lib/Template/Semantic.pm

Brock

Feb 9, 2010, 2:31:23 PM2/9/10
to squatting...@googlegroups.com
Yeah... I should have published mine a long time ago :)

--Brock

Terrence Brannon

Feb 9, 2010, 2:36:06 PM2/9/10

Brock wrote:
> Yeah... I should have published mine a long time ago :)

oh, you mean it's in active use, but never got released?

another one I had not heard of is also on CPAN - Template::Refine by
Jonathan Rockway --- it looks super contorted though, from scanning the docs

Brock

Feb 9, 2010, 4:09:14 PM2/9/10
to squatting...@googlegroups.com
If by "active" you mean that I'm using it for some random small project,
then yes. It never received the spit-shine it would need to be useful
(and I would actually do it the exact same way that the
Template::Semantic author does, though maybe using TreeBuilder instead
of the XML parser.... or make it optional which).

http://thelackthereof.org/projects/perl/domt/DOMTemplate.pm

As far as I can tell, I should switch to Template::Semantic since it
does all that mine does and then some.

--Brock

Terrence Brannon

Feb 9, 2010, 5:55:35 PM2/9/10

Brock wrote:
> If by "active" you mean that I'm using it for some random small project,
> then yes. It never received the spit-shine it would need to be useful

"spit-shine" --- lol

> As far as I can tell, I should switch to Template::Semantic since it
> does all that mine does and then some.

it's definitely a thorough module. But you will need tidier HTML to use it.

I keep a list of the "hygienic" approaches to dynamic HTML here:

http://perlmonks.org/?node_id=674225