Age of objects in postgres, mysql

Catherine Devlin

Oct 13, 2009, 1:45:30 PM10/13/09
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com
One of the complexities in gathering metadata (DDL) is figuring out whether that metadata is still fresh - how long it's been since the last time a database object in a given schema was created or modified.  In Oracle, I get that information with the ``LAST_DDL_TIME`` column of the ``ALL_OBJECT`` view:

SELECT   owner, MAX(last_ddl_time)
FROM     all_objects
GROUP BY owner

Can anybody tell me how to get corresponding information from postgresql and/or mysql?

Thanks!

In other news, adaptation to the Gerald 0.3 API is cooking along nicely.  The trunk is a real snarl still and not yet usable, but it won't be long.  Yay!

--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/