patches

1 view

Mike Lowe

Feb 26, 2010, 11:19:05 AM2/26/10
to sqlpython
How do I submit patches for this project?

I have a quick fix I would like to suggest:

sqlpython-1.7.0-py2.6.egg/sqlpython/sqlpyPlus.py, line 1671, in
cmdloop
if sys.argv[1] in ('--test', '-t'):

should be

if len(sys.argv) > 1 and sys.argv[1] in ('--test', '-t'):

Catherine Devlin

Mar 3, 2010, 4:17:10 PM3/3/10
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, that's in 1.7.1 now.

For super-simple patches like that, emailing it just like you did is probably the simplest.  If you have more elaborate stuff, you can:

    hg clone http://hg.assembla.com/sqlpython
    cd sqlpython
    (make your changes)
    hg diff > patch.diff

then email ``patch.diff`` to me...

I'm happy to give out "team membership" on the project at assembla.com, which (I think) would let you create full branches tracked in assembla; then I could merge the branches into the trunk... but, to tell the truth, when we consider my limited DVCS skillz, the ``hg diff`` method is probably simpler.  (Then again, it's probably a good chance for me to build those skills.)

Thanks again!
--
- Catherine
http://catherinedevlin.blogspot.com/