sqlparse 0.1.6

Andi Albrecht

Jan 1, 2013, 10:48:48 AM1/1/13
to Python Announce, sqlp...@googlegroups.com
I'm pleased to announce sqlparse 0.1.5.

sqlparse is a non-validating SQL parser module.

Download:
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/s/sqlparse/sqlparse-0.1.6.tar.gz#md5=2946514fbd29ea2a18ba398da171fbd2

This release improves Python 3 compatibility and has some minor bug fixes.

Changes since 0.1.5
===================

sqlparse is now compatible with Python 3 without any patches. The
Python 3 version is generated during install by 2to3. You'll need
distribute to install sqlparse for Python 3.

Bug Fixes
* Fix parsing error with dollar-quoted procedure bodies (issue83).

Other
* Documentation updates.
* Test suite now uses tox and py.test.
* py3k fixes (by vthriller).
* py3k fixes in setup.py (by Florian Bauer).
* setup.py now requires distribute (by Florian Bauer).

Best regards & a happy new year to everyone!

Andi

Andi Albrecht

Jan 1, 2013, 10:53:53 AM1/1/13
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com
It's 0.1.6, of course... damn you copy&paste :)

pir...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2013, 11:10:42 AM1/1/13
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com
I think since 0.2.x will be written from scratch it should be done for Python 3 native giving retrocompatibility at a lower priority, isn't it?

2013/1/1 Andi Albrecht <albrec...@gmail.com>

"Si quieres viajar alrededor del mundo y ser invitado a hablar en un monton de sitios diferentes, simplemente escribe un sistema operativo Unix."
– Linus Tordvals, creador del sistema operativo Linux

Andi Albrecht

Jan 1, 2013, 1:01:24 PM1/1/13
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it's an option for 0.2 to focus on Python 3 and provide compatibility with 2.7.

BTW, I just thought about adding additional parsing rules for CREATE/UPDATE/INSERT/... statements to the current code base. We've already got parsing rules for comments. But that was just an (unproven) idea.

pir...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2013, 1:08:23 PM1/1/13
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com
It would be good, but that statemets are fairly more complicated that comments and don't know how to process them in an easy way except without an advanced parser as the one I proposed to you...

Andi Albrecht

Jan 2, 2013, 4:24:11 AM1/2/13
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com
yepp, that's right. I don't expect that there is an easy way as it is
with comments :)

pir...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2013, 6:04:27 AM1/2/13
to sqlp...@googlegroups.com

Ok ;-)

Sent from my Android cell phone, please forgive the lack of format on the text, and my fat thumbs :-P