[VOTE] Release sqlline-1.7.0 (release candidate 1)

Julian Hyde

Mar 23, 2019, 7:46:09 PM3/23/19
to sqlline-dev
Hi all,

I have created a build for SQLLine 1.7.0, release candidate 1.

It has the same contents as RC 0, but:
* adds a test for SQLLINE-276;
* corrects attribution for SQLLINE-239 and SQLLINE-273;
* fixes SQLLINE-281.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release. You can read
the release notes here:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/blob/branch-1.7/HISTORY.md

The commit to be voted upon:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/commit/2752f8197759a349d5a747bbe48e889b878228d3

Its hash is 2752f8197759a349d5a747bbe48e889b878228d3

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/sqlline-1010/

Please vote on releasing this package as SQLLine 1.7.0. The vote is
open for the next 72 hours (i.e. until 3pm Pacific on Monday) and
passes if a majority of at least three +1 votes are cast by
committers. Votes from people who are not committers are also most
welcome.

[ ] +1 Release this package as SQLLine 1.7.0
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because…

Here is my vote: +1 (binding)

Masayuki Takahashi

Mar 23, 2019, 9:10:39 PM3/23/19
to sqlline-dev
- Ran tests
- Win10, jdk1.8.0_181 - ok
- Docker openjdk8 - ok
- Docker adoptopenjdk11 - ok
- Checked README and README.md - ok
- Checked manual.txt and manual.xml - ok

+1 (non-binding)

Thanks Julian!

2019年3月24日(日) 8:46 Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>:
> --

Masayuki Takahashi

Arina Yelchiyeva

Mar 24, 2019, 2:07:48 PM3/24/19
to sqlline-dev
- Built from source and run unit tests on MacOS with JDK8
- Used build with Apache Drill:
a. Checked that !script functionality was fixed
b. Checked custom prompt functionality
c. Checked properties validation
d. Other random checks

+1 (binding)

Kind regards,
Arina
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlline-dev/CA%2Bz6ocSyZ_e5j7MX3ed3jzW5P_OvowqdQJKjJE7BnWm1W6GMUg%40mail.gmail.com.

Julian Hyde

Mar 24, 2019, 6:14:21 PM3/24/19
to sqlline-dev
Oops, one minor mistake. The line that reads

> The vote is
> open for the next 72 hours (i.e. until 3pm Pacific on Monday)

should instead read

> The vote is
> open for the next 72 hours (i.e. until 5pm Pacific on Tuesday)

It isn’t a material change, so the vote continues.

Julian

Vova Vysotskyi

Mar 24, 2019, 6:22:30 PM3/24/19
to sqlline-dev
- Built and run unit tests on Linux with JDK8
- Connected to several databases and submitted queries
- Checked that #276 is fixed

+1 (non-binding)

понеділок, 25 березня 2019 р. 00:14:21 UTC+2 користувач Julian Hyde написав:

Sergey Nuyanzin

Mar 25, 2019, 4:03:30 PM3/25/19
to Vova Vysotskyi, sqlline-dev
- built and ran tests (fedora29, jdk 1.8) - ok
- checked HISTORY.md - ok
- checked checksum and signatures - ok
- checked working with calcite 1.18.0, 1.19.0 - ok
- random checks - ok

+1 (binding)

Best regards,
Sergey

Julian Hyde

Mar 26, 2019, 8:18:36 PM3/26/19
to sqlline-dev
With 3 binding +1 votes (Julian, Arina, Sergey), and 2 non-binding +1
(Masayuki, Vova), the vote passes.

I declare SQLLine 1.7 released!

Thanks to all who voted, and thanks to our contributors.

Julian

Julian Hyde

Mar 26, 2019, 9:55:15 PM3/26/19
to sqlline-dev
Release notes are here:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/blob/master/HISTORY.md#170-2019-03-27

I added a demo of the new "promptScript" property:
https://asciinema.org/a/EGUcLB1y4RBBdf1rxKsErmOoM?speed=2.5&theme=solarized-dark&cols=78&rows=18

Julian

Arina Ielchiieva

Oct 16, 2019, 8:01:32 AM10/16/19
to sqlline-dev
Build from source (saw problem mentioned by Sergey with unit tests on Windows).
Checked with Apache Drill:
1. new properties usage: connectInteractionMode, showLineNumbers;
2. verified that issue #305 is fixed (submitting password with space and escaping).
3. random checks.

+1

Kind regards,
Arina