[VOTE] Release sqlline-1.6.0 (release candidate 1)

Julian Hyde

Nov 23, 2018, 6:33:32 PM11/23/18
to sqlline-dev
Hi all,

I have created a build for SQLLine 1.6.0, release candidate 1.

The contents are as for RC 0, but Arina has fixed https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/issues/218.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this release. You can read the release notes here:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/blob/branch-1.6/HISTORY.md

The commit to be voted upon:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/commit/a9714cab3f16f6d5db0f65443789b7ee6a051996

Its hash is a9714cab3f16f6d5db0f65443789b7ee6a051996

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/sqlline-1008/

Please vote on releasing this package as SQLLine 1.6.0. The vote is open for the next 72 hours (i.e. until 4pm Pacific on Monday) and passes if a majority of at least three +1 votes are cast by committers. Votes from people who are not committers are also most welcome.

[ ] +1 Release this package as SQLLine 1.6.0
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because…

Here is my vote: +1 (binding)

Julian

Sergey Nuyanzin

Nov 24, 2018, 6:27:34 AM11/24/18
to sqlline-dev
+1

   Checked checksums
   Compiled under Windows 2016 (jdk8, 9, 10) and Fedora 29
   Compiled Apache Calcite with sqlline 1.6.0
   Tested with Apache Calcite, H2
   Checked default value of maxColumnWidth and presence of sqlline.SqlLineOpts#getMaxWidth
   Tested highlighting, dynamic prompts, multiline editing, line continuation, emacs/vi modes, rerun command, simple queries

Arina Yelchiyeva

Nov 24, 2018, 10:41:58 AM11/24/18
to sqlline-dev
+1
Built from source with unit tests.
Tested with Apache Drill.
Checked multiline support, set / reset, a couple of color schemes.
Checked maxColumnWidth.

Kind regards,
Arina

Julian Hyde

Nov 26, 2018, 10:30:54 PM11/26/18
to sqlline-dev
With 3 +1 votes (Arina, Julian, Sergey) and no 0 or -1 votes, the vote passes.

I declare sqlline-1.6.0 released!

Thank you, Sergey, for the huge contribution you made this this release.

Julian