[VOTE] Release sqlline-1.12.0 (release candidate 0)

Sergey Nuyanzin

Nov 3, 2021, 3:36:01 PM11/3/21
to sqlline-dev

Hi all,

There is SQLLine 1.12.0, release candidate 0.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this release. You can read
the release notes here:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/blob/main/HISTORY.md#1120-2021-11-07

The commit to be voted upon:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/commit/fc8d3a6b71aa478d7bb218e6e032d46570269f1c

Its hash is fc8d3a6b71aa478d7bb218e6e032d46570269f1c.

Please vote on releasing this package as SQLLine 1.12.0. The vote is
open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least two +1
votes are cast by committers. Votes from people who are not committers
are also most welcome.

[ ] +1 Release this package as SQLLine 1.12.0
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because…

Here is my vote: +1 (binding)

--
Best regards,
Sergey

Charles Givre

Nov 3, 2021, 3:48:04 PM11/3/21
to Sergey Nuyanzin, sqlline-dev
As the one who started all this….
I built successfully on my M1 Mac.  Successfully started SQLLine and ran a query.  So +1 from me. (Non-binding)
Best,
— C

Charles Givre  Founder, CEO DataDistillr
cha...@datadistillr.com  443-762-3286
linkedIn | github

Schedule a meeting: 30 min |.60 min

Julian Hyde

Nov 3, 2021, 5:26:10 PM11/3/21
to sqlline-dev
+1 (binding)

Thanks for being release manager, Sergey.

Downloaded, built and ran on macOS legacy silicon, JDK 11. Checked LICENSE, NOTICE, README, and release notes.

Some very minor quibbles about the release notes (spaces at ends of lines, 'sqlline' should be 'SQLLine', and 'Apple/M1' should be a hyperlink to the bug) can be fixed after the release.

Julian

James Turton

Nov 3, 2021, 11:46:55 PM11/3/21
to sqlli...@googlegroups.com
There's not a lot of meat on this vote but here it is: 0 non-binding.

Julian Hyde

Nov 5, 2021, 2:37:03 AM11/5/21
to James Turton, sqlline-dev
James,

Thank you for voting.

A 0 vote is unusual. Were there any negative factors that led you to
not give it a 1?

Julian
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlline-dev/7c4361c0-a381-5b1e-86bb-e4e53f19ce50%40datadistillr.com.

James Turton

Nov 5, 2021, 5:30:57 AM11/5/21
to Julian Hyde, sqlline-dev
No negative factors.  It was an attempt at a yes vote that was weighted
in proportion to how much code review and testing of known issues I've
done!  "I know of no reason to object" kind of thing.

Sergey Nuyanzin

Nov 7, 2021, 2:58:30 AM11/7/21
to sqlline-dev, Julian Hyde
Thanks to everyone who has tested the release candidate and given
their comments and votes.

The tally is as follows.
2 binding +1s: Julian Hyde, Sergey Nuyanzin
non-binding +1: Charles Givre
non-binding 0: James Turton

Therefore, I am happy to announce that the proposal to release
SQLLine-1.12.0 has passed.

Julian,
could I kindly ask you to make the push to maven central
as currently only you can do that?

--
Best regards,
Sergey

Julian Hyde

Nov 7, 2021, 5:53:42 PM11/7/21
to Sergey Nuyanzin, sqlline-dev
I've pushed to Maven central. You should probably wait a couple of
hours for the artifacts to appear.

Sergey, can you push the sqlline-1.12.0 tag and the 'prepare for next
development iteration' commit, and send the release announcement on
this list. I'll announce the release on the @SQLLineShell twitter
account.

Thank you for being the release manager!

Julian

Sergey Nuyanzin

Nov 8, 2021, 2:50:48 AM11/8/21
to Julian Hyde, sqlline-dev
Thanks Julian,

I confirm that sqlline-1.12.0 is now available at Maven central.

I've added the sqlline-1.12.0 tag and
'prepare for next development iteration' commit.

So, I declare SQLLine 1.12.0 released!

Thanks to all who voted and thanks to our contributors.
--
Best regards,
Sergey