[VOTE] Release sqlline-1.8.0 (release candidate 0)

Julian Hyde

May 27, 2019, 9:24:03 PM5/27/19
to sqlline-dev
Hi all,

I have created a build for SQLLine 1.8.0, release candidate 0.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this release. You can read
the release notes here:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/blob/branch-1.8/HISTORY.md

The commit to be voted upon:
https://github.com/julianhyde/sqlline/commit/ac1f18537a2649dacf599c83b5c7f03341ba4221

Its hash is ac1f18537a2649dacf599c83b5c7f03341ba4221

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/sqlline-1011/

Please vote on releasing this package as SQLLine 1.8.0. The vote is
open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least two +1
votes are cast by committers. Votes from people who are not committers
are also most welcome.

[ ] +1 Release this package as SQLLine 1.8.0
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release
[ ] -1 Do not release this package because…

Here is my vote: +1 (binding)

Julian

Sergey Nuyanzin

May 28, 2019, 8:51:39 AM5/28/19
to Julian Hyde, sqlline-dev
Thank you for RC and starting the vote

+1 (binding)
   checked hashes
   checked compilation on Ubuntu 19.04, Fedora 30
   checked simple queries and random commands

There are only two small things regarding HISTORY.md which I would like to mention
1) I think Volodymyr Vysotskyi should be mentioned at [SQLLINE-292] Ctrl-C causes SQLLine to quit, but should just cancel current query
2) About "more powerful !set outputformat command" in history. To be more precise the command !set outputformat was not changed but the command !outputformat has been indeed made more powerful

Best regards,
Sergey

Julian Hyde

May 28, 2019, 1:52:05 PM5/28/19
to sqlline-dev
Re. 1 + 2. Thanks. As these are not errors in the code, I have fixed these on the master branch, and they will appear on the site after the release.

Julian

Julian Hyde

May 29, 2019, 12:56:59 PM5/29/19
to sqlline-dev
A reminder to verify this release and vote. This vote ends tomorrow,
and I may end it a few hours early.

Votes from non-committers are most welcome; if there are issues that
affect your downstream project, we take them seriously.

Julian

Andrew Pilloud

May 29, 2019, 1:19:22 PM5/29/19
to Julian Hyde, sqlline-dev
+1 Manually tested with BeamSQL.

Masayuki Takahashi

May 30, 2019, 10:53:44 AM5/30/19
to sqlline-dev
- Ran tests
- Win10, jdk1.8.0_181 - ok
- Docker openjdk8 - ok
- Docker openjdk12 - ok
- Checked README and README.md - ok
- Checked manual.xml - ok

+1 (non-binding)

Thanks Julian!

2019年5月28日(火) 10:24 Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>:
> --

Masayuki Takahashi

Julian Hyde

May 30, 2019, 1:01:04 PM5/30/19
to sqlline-dev
With 2 binding +1 votes (Julian, Sergey), and 2 non-binding +1 votes
(Andrew, Masayuki), the vote passes.

I declare SQLLine 1.8 released!

Thanks to all who voted, and thanks to our contributors.

Julian