SQLite Persistent Objects announcement.

Andrew W. Donoho

Oct 23, 2009, 11:47:25 AM10/23/09
to sqlitepersiste...@googlegroups.com
Gentlefolk,

As you may recall, I have continued personal development of the SQLite Persistent Objects code. While I have released interim versions of the code before, this version is, I believe, the final version I will use in my upcoming iPhone application. In addition to my performance enhancements, the biggest change is the improvement of the license agreement to use the OSI approved New BSD license. Mr. LaMarche has approved, via email, this change to the license terms. While you may, of course, continue to use the code under the previous license, the New BSD license affords you some significant liability protection without any significant changes to your terms with the exception of the public license disclosure.  I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice, I suggest that you confer with your attorneys about these license changes. They will, I suspect, strongly recommend that you accept the new terms.

Here is a link to the announcement of my release.

Enjoy and Anon,
Andrew
____________________________________
Andrew W. Donoho
Donoho Design Group, L.L.C.
a...@DDG.com+1 (512) 750-7596

Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
    Willing is not enough; we must do.
        -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Max Horváth

Oct 23, 2009, 12:30:47 PM10/23/09
to sqlitepersiste...@googlegroups.com
Nice!

Are you going to pusblish the source to the current SVN at Google Code?

Cheers, Max

Andrew W. Donoho

Oct 23, 2009, 1:26:18 PM10/23/09

On Oct 23, 2009, at 11:30 AM, Max Horváth wrote:

> Are you going to pusblish the source to the current SVN at Google
> Code?

Max,

No, I don't know how nor, frankly, care to find out. This project is
in maintenance mode and is, hence, on a slow change boat. I am happy
to consider integrating community changes into my code and
republishing my archive but it isn't a priority to me. As this is a
maintenance mode project, I doubt other folks have many changes to add.

The above said, you have access to everything you need place the code
under Google version control yourself.

Anon,
Andrew
Andrew W. Donoho
Donoho Design Group

a...@DDG.com, +1 (512) 750-7596

"To take no detours from the high road of reason and social
responsibility."
-- Marcus Aurelius