[sqlite] Small addition to shell.c

Baruch Burstein

Mar 20, 2012, 2:25:09 PM3/20/12
to General Discussion of SQLite Database
I find I was often trying to exit the shell while at the continuePrompt.
This usually happens because I accidentally entered 'exit' without the
period first, but sometimes for other reasons (I started to enter a SQL
command and realized I didn't need to, or whatever). I have added a small
fix to my own shell to check for '.exit' at the beginning of every line,
even if nSql>0 (line 2517). I would suggest this as a permanent addition,
as it is slightly inconvenient to (about 70% of the time) end up doing:

sqlite> exit (think: oops! I meant...)
...> .exit (think: argh! All right! Now I remember that I need only 2
more lines to get out of here!)
...> ;
Error: near "exit": syntax error
sqlite> .exit

--
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build
bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. - Rich Cook