RC1

Jim Redman

Aug 29, 2012, 4:29:12 PM8/29/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
I've merged my changes and many of the changes from Bagges (Markus
Backes). The RC1 jars are there. Please test them and make sure that
all is as it should be.

Thanks,

Jim

--
Jim Redman
(505) 662 5156 x85

Uwe Kubosch

Aug 29, 2012, 4:29:38 PM8/29/12
to <sqldroid@googlegroups.com>
Will get on it, but I am not sure exactly when I will find the time. Hopefully this week. Is that OK?
--
Uwe Kubosch
Systems Developer

Jim Redman

Aug 29, 2012, 4:44:58 PM8/29/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
Uwe,

On 08/29/2012 02:29 PM, Uwe Kubosch wrote:
> Will get on it, but I am not sure exactly when I will find the time. Hopefully this week. Is that OK?

It's kinda absorbed my time this week and I need to do some other things
so I'd be happy if either everything is OK or no one tells me about
problems for a few days.

With an RC after the jar, hopefully nobody will be too angry if there
are some issues, but whenever you find any please let me know.

Jim

Damodar Periwal

Aug 29, 2012, 10:04:58 PM8/29/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jim for updating the code base.  I would try to test it out with my examples in the next few days.

One quick note.  I have just now downloaded the new source code from the repository.  Running into a compile problem with respect to the call to the constructor of SQLiteDatabase in SQLDroidConnection.java - a third paramater "flag" is added in the constructor
SQLiteDatabase(String dbQname, long timeout, int flags)
but the calling code in the SQLDroidConnection constructor still uses two parameters:

sqlitedb = new SQLiteDatabase(dbQname, timeout);

Regards,

-- Damodar

Jim Redman

Aug 30, 2012, 12:00:05 AM8/30/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
Damodar,

Correct code should be there now. I managed to get the merge wrong on
that code initially and forgot to push the corrected merge. The jars
should have the correct class in them.

I'm not sure that push went correctly, so please let me know if there's
anything strange with the archive (I'll also take a look tomorrow).

Jim
> <mailto:jre...@ergotech.com>> wrote:
>
> I've merged my changes and many of the changes from Bagges
> (Markus Backes). The RC1 jars are there. Please test them
> and make sure that all is as it should be.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Jim Redman
> (505) 662 5156 x85 <tel:%28505%29%20662%205156%20x85>
> http://www.ergotech.com
>

> --
> Uwe Kubosch
> Systems Developer
> Datek Wireless AS
> u...@datek.no <mailto:u...@datek.no>
> http://datek.no/
>

> --
> Jim Redman
> (505) 662 5156 x85 <tel:%28505%29%20662%205156%20x85>
> http://www.ergotech.com

Damodar Periwal

Aug 31, 2012, 3:46:11 AM8/31/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
I have downloaded the new code of SQLDroidConnection.java.  Will check out things in the next few days.

-- Damodar

Uwe Kubosch

Oct 25, 2012, 9:19:31 AM10/25/12
to <sqldroid@googlegroups.com>
Hi all!

Time flies when you are having fun :)

It's time for a release, right? You have tested the RC1?

I have one question: The Android target is set to android-4 in the project.properties. This leads to compilation errors. An example is that Cursor.FIELD_TYPE_BLOB is missing.

How do you guys handle that? I would set the target to android-11.

Uwe
http://datek.no/

Uwe Kubosch

Oct 25, 2012, 9:39:58 AM10/25/12
to <sqldroid@googlegroups.com>
Hi all!

Could you summarise the changes since the 0.3.0 release (January 24, 2012) ?

I'll take a look at a diff on GitHub, but I'd like to hear it from you as well.

On 2012-08-31, at 09:46, Damodar Periwal <dper...@gmail.com> wrote:

http://datek.no/

Damodar Periwal

Nov 1, 2012, 2:30:15 AM11/1/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
I have tested the build as of August 31 with more than 15 sample Android apps that exercise many of the JDBC metadata calls, DDL and DML statements, and prepared statements and I have not run into any regressions.  The subsequent changes in the repository look minor and should not cause any regressions.  So I am fine with the code base.

-- Damodar

Jim Redman

Nov 1, 2012, 11:58:26 AM11/1/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
Uwe,

The Rakefile is missing the build code for the compatibility jar. Did
you deliberately remove that or was this just an error and I should
re-add it?

Also, I bumped the Android SDK to 15, and you seem to have put it back
to 11. Which do we want?

Jim
> <mailto:jre...@ergotech.com <mailto:jre...@ergotech.com>>>
> wrote:
>
> Uwe,
>

> On 08/29/2012 02:29 PM, Uwe Kubosch wrote:
>
> Will get on it, but I am not sure exactly when I
> will find the
> time. Hopefully this week. Is that OK?
>

> It's kinda absorbed my time this week and I need to do
> some other
> things so I'd be happy if either everything is OK or no
> one tells me
> about problems for a few days.
>
> With an RC after the jar, hopefully nobody will be too
> angry if
> there are some issues, but whenever you find any please
> let me know.
>
> Jim
>

> On 2012-08-29, at 22:29, Jim
> Redman<jre...@ergotech.com <mailto:jre...@ergotech.com>
> <mailto:jre...@ergotech.com
> <mailto:jre...@ergotech.com>>> wrote:
>

> I've merged my changes and many of the changes
> from Bagges
> (Markus Backes). The RC1 jars are there.
> Please test them
> and make sure that all is as it should be.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim
>
> --
> Jim Redman
> (505) 662 5156 x85 <tel:%28505%29%20662%205156%20x85>
> <tel:%28505%29%20662%205156%__20x85>
>
> http://www.ergotech.com
>

> --
> Uwe Kubosch
> Systems Developer
> Datek Wireless AS
> u...@datek.no <mailto:u...@datek.no> <mailto:u...@datek.no
> <mailto:u...@datek.no>>
>
> http://datek.no/
>

> --
> Jim Redman
> (505) 662 5156 x85 <tel:%28505%29%20662%205156%20x85>
> <tel:%28505%29%20662%205156%__20x85>

Jim Redman

Nov 1, 2012, 5:22:39 PM11/1/12
to sqld...@googlegroups.com
Of course it's always possible that I didn't push the Rakefile that I
have in my repository, so it may be neither of the answers below!

Jim

Uwe Kubosch

Nov 5, 2012, 7:53:55 AM11/5/12
to <sqldroid@googlegroups.com>
I think I did not remove anything from the Rakefile, and I updated the Android SDK level from 4 to 11.

Some commit-lines have been crossed :)
http://datek.no/