SQLite mismatch between compiled version 3.8.10.2 and runtime version 3.8.11.1

sch...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2015, 5:39:13 PM9/16/15
to sqldf
Hi,

I have a Debian Testing box (full updated as of today) with R version 3.2.2 (2015-08-14) -- "Fire Safety". I have installed sqldf with the command: install.packages("sqldf"). But every time I try to use the sqldf function, I stumble upon this error. See this example and the output generated:

> df <- sqldf("SELECT dfm.ResourceId, df.Start, df.End, df.Duration, df.Value
+ FROM df
+ INNER JOIN dfm ON (df.Rank = dfm.Rank)");
Error in findDriver(drvName)(...) :
SQLite mismatch between compiled version 3.8.10.2 and runtime version 3.8.11.1
Error in !dbPreExists : invalid argument type

Does any of you have an idea about how to solve this? I already tried to reinstall SQLite, sqldf and any R-related packaged to sqlite, with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Lucas

Gabor Grothendieck

Sep 16, 2015, 5:46:46 PM9/16/15
to sqldf, sch...@gmail.com
This seems to be a problem with your configuration and RSQLite.

(1)  You could try to get help from the RSQLite project or else
(2) use a different database with sqldf such as H2 (or other backend supported by sqldf)

e.g. make sure you have java installed and then from within R:

library(RH2)
library(sqldf)
sqldf("...whatever...")

There are some examples of using H2 on the sqldf home page.