ubuntu 14.10 configuring problem

AmirHossein NickAein

Mar 13, 2015, 8:26:11 AM3/13/15
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
hi
i have a problem in configuring:
in dynamic linking, i receive this error:
        checking whether the C compiler works... no
in static linking (./configure --disable-shared --enable-tempstore=yes CFLAGS="-DSQLITE_HAS_CODEC" LDFLAGS="/usr/local/openssl/lib/libcrypto.a" )
this error:
        configure: error: Library crypto not found. Install openssl!"
for static method, i built last version of openssl

what's wrong?

Nick Parker

Mar 13, 2015, 9:14:22 AM3/13/15
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com

The error message is stating you need to install OpenSSL, the LDFLAGS you are providing are a path to the static library of OpenSSL. I have replied to your previous thread with regard to installing OpenSSL. Please give that a try. Thanks!

Nick Parker

AmirHossein NickAein

Mar 13, 2015, 9:29:05 AM3/13/15
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
tnx
this time i got "E: Unable to locate package libssl-dev"
should i  update?

Nick Parker

Mar 13, 2015, 10:12:42 AM3/13/15
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
On 13 Mar 2015, at 8:29, AmirHossein NickAein wrote:

> tnx
> this time i got "E: Unable to locate package libssl-dev"
> should i update?

Yes, I would suggest updating via apt-get.

Nick Parker

AmirHossein NickAein

Mar 13, 2015, 10:41:57 AM3/13/15
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com
and i would appreciate your help ;)

Nick Parker

Mar 13, 2015, 11:04:20 AM3/13/15
to sqlc...@googlegroups.com

On 13 Mar 2015, at 9:41, AmirHossein NickAein wrote:

and i would appreciate your help ;)

We generally do not provide support around Linux distro configuration, however you may wish to review this documentation on apt-get.

Nick Parker