best books on DB design for sqlalchemy users?

Iain Duncan

Jul 23, 2015, 11:38:35 AM7/23/15
to sqlal...@googlegroups.com
I feel like I should really take up my db game for an upcoming set of projects, and am wondering if there are any real standout books on db design that fit well with the design philosophy of SQLA. Recos much appreciated!

thanks
Iain

Rich Shepard

Jul 23, 2015, 12:35:09 PM7/23/15
to sqlal...@googlegroups.com
Iain,

Read Joe Celko's books, starting with the latest edition of "SQL for
Smarties." I read his columns in Database Advisor and other magazines in the
1980s and have read and used almost all his books. You can't go wrong taking
the time to do it correctly from the gitgo.

Rich

Richard Gerd Kuesters

Jul 23, 2015, 12:41:15 PM7/23/15
to sqlal...@googlegroups.com
not quite sqlalchemy related, but one of the best readings i've had about sql was "SQL Anti-Patterns": https://pragprog.com/book/bksqla/sql-antipatterns

it is not about how to do sql right, it's about not to do certain types of sql, lol.
richard.vcf