Submission of a patch through free software

Fischers Fritz

Nov 19, 2018, 9:22:22 AM11/19/18
to sqlalche...@googlegroups.com
The "Develop" documentation says,

To propose a code change, please submit a pull request to Github.
(https://www.sqlalchemy.org/develop.html)

I would rather not use proprietary software, so, could I provide a patch
to someone else for submission as a pull request to GitHub?

Regards,
Fischers Fritz

Mike Bayer

Nov 19, 2018, 9:25:19 AM11/19/18
to sqlalche...@googlegroups.com
Well we use Gerrit which is open source however the authentication to
Gerrit requires a github account. if that is still disqualifying,
email is your only option, just send a patchfile (still submits to
Gmail servers though :) ).

> Regards,
> Fischers Fritz

Fischers Fritz

Nov 19, 2018, 1:35:01 PM11/19/18
to Mike Bayer, sqlalche...@googlegroups.com
> Well we use Gerrit which is open source however the authentication to
> Gerrit requires a github account. if that is still disqualifying,
> email is your only option, just send a patchfile (still submits to
> Gmail servers though :) ).

I am happy to submit the patch by email, even if the email server is proprietary. What email address should I use?

Mike Bayer

Nov 19, 2018, 1:35:45 PM11/19/18
to Fischers Fritz, sqlalche...@googlegroups.com
Anywhere is fine, here is fine