High CPU usage

Jerry

Aug 25, 2022, 1:31:07 AMAug 25
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool

Snipaste_2022-08-25_13-26-20.png

When I minimize the window, the CPU usage is 0%,and i have nothing to do with it,no query database .

Why is this happening? Is there a problem?

My version info here:
Snipaste_2022-08-25_13-29-47.png

Thomas Kellerer

Aug 29, 2022, 4:02:42 AMAug 29
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Hmm,

one thing that existed with old Java versions was the use of animated "busy" icons in the tabs. But I thought that was fixed in Java

If you do use animated icons, then please try and use a static icon for the "busy" and "cancel" icons.

Another source of high CPU is when you display a result that contains many columns that are identified as "text areas" and are rendered with a different Java component which unfortunately is quite slow. This is needed to properly display multiline text content.

If your "large" varchar columns don't really contain newlines, you can try to increase the minimum size for "multi-line" columns in the "Data display" section of the options.
However this only helps for varchar columns that do have a limit set. If you are using CLOB or text columns, they are always rendered with the multi-line component.

The only workaround for that is to display less "multi-line" columns in the result.

Regards
Thomas