wbexport to Excel

Maurizio Scarpis

Jul 3, 2023, 6:37:53 AM7/3/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hi Thomas.
Some questions about wbexport to Excel:
1) is it possibile for you to apply "autoFIlter" POST "auto-ColWidth" ? Now the column width is not properly set due to the icon for filtering
2) are fixedDigits and MaxDigits valid also for Excel files ? It seems so even if these options are documented only for the export to text files)
3) if the options above are valid also for Excel is it possible to set also 0 digits ? Now 0 is set if we want to set the maximum available digits
Thanks in advance
Maurizio

Thomas Kellerer

Jul 4, 2023, 1:59:31 AM7/4/23
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the autofilter is already applied after calling "autoSizeColumns" (I tried enabling it in the different order as well, makes no different).
But it seems POI does not honor the filter "widget" when calculating the column width.

But it's not a problem to add a fixed value to each column width after enabling the autofilter.

You are right fixedDigits and maxDigits are indeed valid for XLSX, I will add that to the manual, thanks.

I am not sure what you want to achieve by setting digits to 0 - do you want to automatically round all decimals to zero digits by that?
That is currently not possible. You will need to use a SELECT statement that turns those decimal values into integer values.

Regards
Thomas

Maurizio Scarpis

Jul 4, 2023, 4:51:45 AM7/4/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hi Thomas.

But it's not a problem to add a fixed value to each column width after enabling the autofilter.
I agree, thanks

You will need to use a SELECT statement that turns those decimal values into integer values
Ok, I will work in such way