Not able to install SQL Workbench tool in my system

Shyamal Dutta

Aug 2, 2022, 2:38:25 PM8/2/22
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Hello All,

I have downloaded the Generic package for all systems without support for importing or exporting Excel or OpenOffice spreadsheets package from sql-workbench.eu. I can see the file items like SQLWorkbench and SQLWorkbench64.

Now when I try opening SQLWorkbench64, then the below pop up appears -

Then When I click on Download JRE then the below error message appears -

Now, following this error message instructions, when I try opening SQLWorkbench and then in the next pop up click on Download JRE, the pop up disappears and then the complete process comes to a stop. Not sure why am I not able to install or open the application.

Any kind of help would be really appreciable!

Regards,
Shyamal

Thomas Kellerer

Aug 3, 2022, 3:52:51 PM8/3/22
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
This is quite strange, but you can always download a Java runtime from other sources (e.g. from https://adoptium.net/de/temurin/releases) then unzip it into a sub-folder JRE
Or unzip it/install it to a completely different directory and specify the location in SQLWorkbench.cfg

https://www.sql-workbench.eu/manual/install.html#launcher-using

Thomas