Date/Timestamp columns too narrow

MudGuard

Oct 15, 2021, 3:00:17 AM10/15/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Good Morning,

when I do a select, timestamp and date columns are displayed too narrow.
Instead of 2021-10-15 08:48:50 I see only 2021-10-15 08:48:...

The columns are 198 pixels wide, but need to be 208 pixels wide to fit the full timestamp.

I did not see a possibility to set the width for date or timestamp columns in the options dialog.
I can only adjust them after the select - and after a refresh they are too narrow again.

Data Font is set to Courier New, 17
Date/Timestamp format is set to yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss
It does not matter whether "Automatically adjust columns" is checked or not.
I don't know whether it is relevant, but I have set Windows to scale display to 125%

I could set the minimum column size to 208, but this would make number columns unnecessarily wide ...
A minimum/maximum column width per data type would be nice ...

Btw, since I use build 127, it takes quite a long time to close the options dialog.

Thomas Kellerer

Oct 15, 2021, 5:01:47 AM10/15/21
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
Can you please try the current Dev build?

There were quite a few improvements for the support on HiDPI screens (especially on windows)

MudGuard

Oct 15, 2021, 7:25:33 AM10/15/21
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
no change with 127.6 - still 198 pixels.

Thomas Kellerer

Oct 16, 2021, 10:51:21 AM10/16/21
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
This seems to depend on the Font. I can reproduce it with Courier New, but not with Consolas.

Thanks for the feedback.