Generate password from a script while connecting to a DB

Vishal Kotecha

Jan 2, 2022, 5:00:32 AM1/2/22
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Dear community members,

Vishal Kotecha here, I am a  senior Java developer who's using SQL workbench for quite some time now on a Linux machine.

On the Connect window, I am seeking something like a "Button" near the "password" field (for each profile) - upon clicking that button, a script (bash script) will be executed and password generated and pasted into the password field.

Does anyone have any insight - how can I achieve this?

Thanks a ton in advance!

Thomas Kellerer

Jan 2, 2022, 10:03:06 AM1/2/22
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
There is no such feature.

You will have to copy & paste the generated the password manually.