always autocommiting changes although this feature is deactivated

Nicolas

May 19, 2023, 9:02:40 AM5/19/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Dear all,
until recently the tickable box about "auto commiting" within the connection profile was working fine. For a couple of days now any change I do to a record is automatically commited, althought this functionality is not toggled. I looked into the documentation and you can start a self written query by SET autommit OFF but once you change a record via field editing this does not apply. Anybody having (had) the same issue (recently)? Would be great to get some help here :-).
Best
Nicolas

Thomas Kellerer

May 19, 2023, 11:25:39 AM5/19/23
to sql-wo...@googlegroups.com
I assume you are talking about saving edits done directly in a result.

This is intended and documented behaviour:

https://www.sql-workbench.eu/manual/using.html#edit-data

People usually expect data to be saved permanently when "saving" changes,
and that can't be done without a COMMIT

Thomas

Nicolas

May 22, 2023, 2:30:59 AM5/22/23
to SQL Workbench/J - DBMS independent SQL tool
Dear Thomas,
thanks for clarification. I havent had a look at this part of the documenation. Knowing that this is the intended behaviour for described reasons is good with me and by knowing this it enables me to adapt my work flow accodingly.
Once again thanks for your immediate reply.
Best
Nicolas